voices in my head

« Home | The park » 

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The moth

There was once a moth who has spent the night bashing obsessively against the window pane, his eyes fixed on the wires of the electric light bulb. He asked himself a rhetorical question, musing on the complexities of life. "I've been captivated by the light of that bulb for what seems like forever. It may be just a light, and not a very impressive one at that. But I crave the beauty and excitement of fire and I know that I may be burnt if I get lost in its beauty." The moth paused for a moment to ponder this revelation, as he spotted the flickering light of an uncovered candle. "But alas, it is better to be happy for a moment and be burned up with beauty, than to live a long time and be bored all the while."

Then, with a weary sigh, the plain common, garden moth fluttered upwards into the cold night air and returned to immolate himself under the magical flame of the candle.

Posted by tinylife | Tuesday, April 18, 2006 | E-mail this post

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...


About Me


tinylife

tinylife's scribbles


Archives